REVIEW: The Golden Receiver by Essie Sloane (Creepin U Season 2)

THE GOLDEN RECEIVER
Creepin U Season 2
by Essie Sloane
Release Date: October 7, 2026
Review
Kieran was an unexpected grumpy human who was ready to be annoyed right off the bat. It wasn’t the impression I got of him at first, but once he joined Creepin U he seemed unable to people!
And nothing makes him more of a black cloud than the chatty, happy Evander. He is determined to welcome the human to the team and become friends. But boy does Kieran make him work for it!
They are a cute couple once they work through it all, where Kieran starts seeing the lighter side of life, and Evander becomes a little less full-on.
Add to your TBR List

Synopsis
Kieran
When I got recruited to transfer to Creelin University to play football, I thought this might be my chance. I would be the first human on the team. I would make campus history.
Okay, really, I just liked the full scholarship that came with it. It was a great way to escape the small town I lived in with my Pops my whole life and the not-so-great college I attended.
I didn't expect to feel like a fish out of water. I really didn't expect there to be a werewolf going after the same position as me.
How can I compete with a supernatural creature?
Evander
When Coach Shaw said we were getting a human on the football team, I was excited! Except the human in question is grumpy, surly, and I'm not sure he knows how to smile.
He also wants to be the number one wide receiver on the team, the same position I'm trying to get. I know I'm the better player, but he keeps distracting me.
He smells really good, you know?
I really need to stay focused, and not on the distractingly handsome grumpy human.
You’re formally readmitted to Creelin University, known locally as “Creepin U.” The only things wilder than the monsters prowling around campus are the spicy male/male love stories unfolding between classes. ‘The Golden Receiver’ is a monster romance featuring a golden retriever werewolf and a black cat human. Expect rivals-to-lovers, football, and a himbo werewolf whose whole job is to play catch.

About Essie Sloane
Essie Sloane currently lives in Louisville, Kentucky with her daughter, cat, and ancient black lab. She’s a life long reader and has dreamed of being a writer since she was a child. When they're not reading, they enjoy doing small craft projects - crocheting and diamond painting, mainly. She also enjoys listening to music, studying queer history, and playing on her computer.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok


Comments
Post a Comment