REVIEW: Off Sides by Nicole Dykes (Big Bend Bears #4)
OFF SIDES
Big Bend Bears - Book Four
by Nicole Dykes
Release Date: September 30, 2026
Review
Awww, Calvin gets his HEA. I can’t imagine being Queer in a small town that’s not exactly accepting. And though Calvin matches the ideal small-town sports straight guy, enough of his secret is out there, and the jerks of the world are making sure it’s not forgotten.
And then in walks Jonah. By outward appearances, he swans onto the football team thanks to his coach brother, but the truth is so much more.
Like all great romances, peeling back the layers of a person brings them closer together. And ultimately, they are fiercely supportive of the other and their romance.
Love how great Jonah’s brother/coach is, but that he’s not perfect and is cool when he gets called out for it.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Calvin Duke
I messed up. Big-time.
I broke the rules for Big Bend. For my family. For myself.
I’m just trying to get through high school without causing myself any more pain by crossing any more lines.
But of course, life has to throw another obstacle my way.
This time it’s in the form of a brand-new quarterback. One who breaks all the rules and doesn’t seem to mind.
I know I need to resist him, but why does he have to make it so difficult to do what I need to do?
Jonah Zimmerman
I’m the coach’s little brother, but I’m not in his shadow.
I make my own way in life and make my own rules. Always have. Always will.
But when I meet the left tackle of my brand-new football team, it’s not my rules I’m going to break.
I should keep my head down, focusing on getting to college, where I have a full ride with a bright future. But all I can think about is him.
Getting him to go just a little offsides, to open up and be himself—yeah, that’s my new goal for the year.
About Nicole Dykes
Nicole Dykes is a wife and a professional assistant/mom to two gorgeous girls. Currently residing in Kansas, she's a lover of coffee, Kansas City Chiefs, and all things romance. She currently has over 20 published books with her Monroe and Adamson series being the most popular. She enjoys cranking up the angst level, making her readers cry, and turning those tears into the coffee that fuels her writing.
Where to find them:
Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment