REVIEW: The Boyfriend Proposal by Felice Stevens (Appleton Falls #3)
THE BOYFRIEND PROPOSAL
Appleton Falls - Book Three
by Felice Stevens
Release Date: September 2, 2026
Review
Who doesn’t love a fake boyfriend romance? And our sweet Appleton Falls pub owner deserves his moment. Theo is a good person, pure and simple. But he lives in a small town and, until recently, had a terrible father preventing him from being open. So an offer to fake-date a man he’s crushed on seems tempting.
I wasn’t sure I would truly like Jaxon. He was honest about the agreement and the reason, but he also knew how new Theo was to dating and how much he wanted to date, yet he prioritized his career over potentially hurting Theo. But like a good romance, he grows on you, and he grows himself throughout the story. And that’s not to say he was a bad person. He’s a good guy, just a little selfish.
I like how they both grew and learned along the way, and their dates and quiet moments together were special.
Appleton Falls is a great town, with great friends (if slightly overprotective).
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Theo
I’m just me—plain, boring Theo. Everyone’s friend but no one’s boyfriend. Dating apps don’t work for me, and the one time I try to change my image is a total disaster.
All I want is someone to come home to and hold hands with. A boyfriend who’ll love me. It doesn’t help that I have this silly crush on Jaxon Polaris, our sexy, gorgeous, district attorney. He’s a flirt who’s never without a date. No matter how nice he is to me, I know the truth. A man like Jaxon would never be interested in someone like me.
Jaxon
I love being the district attorney of Appleton Falls, but I definitely have dreams of sitting on the bench. When the leader of the party approaches me, suggesting I run for a judgeship, I’m thrilled…until he tells me my image as a party boy might hurt me with small-town voters. I can’t deny it—I’ve had more than my share of lovers, and I’ve never hidden my desire to remain single. His suggestion? Find a nice guy and make him my boyfriend.
Problem is, I don’t know any nice guys…except shy, quiet Theo Sweeny.
Reluctantly, Theo agrees to my boyfriend proposal, and the man proceeds to challenge me at every turn. Shy? He’s stubborn and feisty. But his kisses are so sweet, and I can’t stop thinking about him. Being with Theo means I’ll have to tell him my truth—a secret that could prevent me from achieving my dreams. But the more I get to know Theo, the more I come to realize
About Felice Stevens
I have always been a romantic at heart. I believe that while life is tough, there is always a happy ending around the corner, My characters have to work for it, however. Like life in NYC, nothing comes easy and that includes love, but getting there is oh so fun and oh so sexy.
I live in New York City with my husband and two children. My day begins with a lot of caffeine and ends with a glass (or two of red wine). I practice law but daydream of a time when I can sit by a beach somewhere and write beautiful stories of men falling in love. Although there are bound to be a few bumps along the way, a Happily Ever After is always guaranteed.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter
Comments
Post a Comment