REVIEW: Weathering the Storm by Mandy Mackay (Perfect Catch #1)

 


WEATHERING THE STORM

Perfect Catch - Book One

by Mandy Mackay

Release Date: August 7, 2026


Review

New-to-me author, and I was quite taken by this story.  The setting was enthralling, and the story touching and emotional.  There was a brief breakdown (mine) in the middle. Gah, that was emotional.


I love this fishing boat crew. They were such a great found family. BFFs Nick and Seth are also great guys. Like really great. Nick is a younger Captain, and he handles it with such grace and compassion. I can’t imagine have the lives and livelihoods of my crew on my shoulders!


Their coming together feels inevitable, and in many ways, crucial to their surviving the storm.


But their future as a couple and as a crew made it super satisfying.


Will definitely read any MM stories by this author.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Rough seas, freezing temperatures... secret desires. Which will prove the hardest to survive?


Nick

I’veendured the worst weather the Bering Sea has to offer. Minus-30 temperatures. 40-foot swells. 50-knot winds.


But freezing rain and violent whitecaps aren’t what scares me the most out here.Every crabbing season, it gets harder to stay away from my first mate.


One heart-stopping smile at a time, Seth Rittenburg keeps chipping away my walls. I know he’s just being a friend… but I can’t stop myself from wanting more.


Seth

I’ve crewed the Suoja long enough to know what makes her tick. If only I could say the same for her captain.


Beneath Captain Lundvall’s calmly commanding exterior, there’s a warmth that calls to me as the bitter Alaskan winter approaches. And the body hiding under his sweatshirts and windbreakers… yeah, okay. That calls to me, too.


But Nick is my boss. More importantly, he’s straight.


Isn’t he?

---

Weathering The Storm is a high-heat, blue-collar MM workplace romance featuring a captain and first mate, mutual pining, and allll the emotional hurt/comfort. It features high environmental stakes, but no third-act breakup, and of course, an HEA.


About Mandy Mackay

Mandy Mackay writes sexy, rural romances featuring rugged heroes with filthy mouths and hearts of gold (sometimes, more than one at a time). She blames her formative years spent mucking stalls, getting lost in the woods, and drooling over men in blue jeans and boots. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)