REVIEW: Hollywood by DJ Jamison (Redemption Road #2)
THE CEO AND THE MOUNTAIN MAN
Redemption Road - Book Two
by DJ Jamison
Release Date: August 5, 2026
Review
I love a redemption story! And I don’t just mean in terms of them having a record. But also Hollywood getting a chance to be a father, and Tex owning his life for himself, and both these men getting a do-over after a first kiss gone wrong.
Hollywood is in over his head when he suddenly becomes a full-time dad, but Tex and the rest of Redemption Road step up like the found family they are.
Tex’s story stressed me out! I was so nervous his father was going to really mess up his life - thankfully, DJ didn’t completely destroy me in that vain.
It’s truly a meaningful, thoughtful, and touching story.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
They call me Hollywood because I look like a leading man, but I didn't expect the starring role of single father....
When my ex-girlfriend, Carrie, is injured in an accident, I take sole custody of my two-year-old daughter overnight. I've wanted to be Ruby's father for a long time, but my ex--and her family--haven't forgiven me for my past mistakes.
This is my chance to get to know Ruby and prove that I've changed. I leap at the chance, even though I've got no idea what I'm doing.
Thankfully, my former best friend Tex shows up and sticks by me. He's a natural with kids and instantly calms the panic setting in. One night of support turns into another and another. Bit by bit, Tex is moving into my life and making himself a second father to Ruby.
But he's bailed on me before. Three months ago, he ran from the feelings growing between us.
Now he's here, plucking all of my heartstrings and making me love him all over again. Ruby is head over heels, too. He's everything I want in a partner. For me. For my daughter.
But will Tex return the love this time--or will he break both our hearts?
About DJ Jamison
DJ Jamison writes romances about everyday life and extraordinary love featuring a variety of queer characters, from gay to bisexual/pansexual to asexual. DJ worked for more than a decade in the newspaper industry before chasing her first dream to write fiction. She's spent a lifetime reading and continues to devour her fellow authors' books each night. She lives in Kansas with her husband, two sons, one snake, and a sadistic cat named Birdie.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Newsletter
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment