REVIEW: Bales and Brawn by Jem Wendel (Foggy Basin Season Three)
BALES AND BRAWN
Foggy Basin Season Three
by Jem Wendel
Release Date: August 17, 2026
Review
Zane is a grumpy grumpster - the kind who carries the weight of everything on his shoulders. Losing his mom, caring for his brother and father, he’s loyal but also tired. And Devin, who gets to see the whole country, a little irresponsible, rubs Zane the wrong way.
He’s a reluctant boss, always makes sure Devin knows he’s on probation.
But as time goes on, those walls come down, and somewhere along the way, Zane finds someone to care for him and help him experience more of life, and Devin finds a home.
It’s a lovely addition to the Foggy Basin series.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Devin
I’ve only just arrived in this small town and I’ve managed to make an enemy, so it’s a surprise when he offers me a job. Zane is uptight and can’t seem to stand my presence so I’m surprised when he throws down a challenge. One I don’t hesitate to accept. But I soon find out there’s more to Zane than I realised and an attraction I can’t deny.
Zane
There’s something about the dark-haired stranger in town that intrigues me, but I can’t say I like him. His easy going manner rubs me up the wrong way. But he gets under my skin and when I’m forced to accept his help he brings out another side of me. But wanting him has consequences so it’s good he’s only in town for a short time.
Bales and Brawn is a grumpy/sunshine romance with a double bi-awakening and a demi-sexual rep. Throw in some forced proximity, only one bed and some hurt/comfort and even the slowest of romances will start to burn.
Welcome to Foggy Basin. Nestled at the base of the foothills in northern California, this small town is full of characters just waiting to tell you their story. Whether you’re just passing through or you decide to stay a while longer, you’ll always find a warm welcome from the townsfolk. From farmers and animal rescues to artists and small business owners. Foggy Basin has it all.
About Jem Wendel
Jem is a British author living on the east coast of England with a range of animals. Jem loves to write stories set in the English countryside of love and friendship.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment