AUDIO REVIEW: Ulysses's Ultimatum by Gabbi Grey (Love in Mission City #7)

 


ULYSSES’S ULTIMATUM

Love in Mission City - Book Seven

by Gabbi Grey

Release Date: May 4, 2026

Audio Release Date: May 11, 2026


Review

Something’s rotten in Mission City, and journalist Ulysses is planning on figuring it out.


The new arrival to the town didn’t move here just for the small town life, and he wasn’t expecting the complication of sleeping with the very tempting Finnegan, the firefighter whose station is under his investigation.


These two can't stay away from each other, but they also don’t trust that they can be entirely open to each other. Which of course, causes wrinkles when they both have questions and both have secrets.


Finnegan is a little too good at avoiding questions for someone who doesn’t think things are wrong, but otherwise, they are super interesting story.


Michael Dean does a nice job with the narration. He has a wonderful voice that is wonderful to listen to.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Finn

Ulysses MacDonald left my bed after earth-shattering sex, but he certainly hasn’t left my mind. When he turns up as the Mission City Gazette's new editor, I'm intrigued. Then he starts poking around my fire hall, sneaking and spying. He won't tell me what he's doing there, and he keeps dodging my attempts to get close. I don't trust him, but Ulysses is hot as hell, and I hate realizing I still want him.

Ulysses

Sleeping with Finnegan O’Sullivan should’ve felt like a mistake—but it doesn’t. I’m still attracted to the firefighter’s quick wit and willingness to put his body on the line to save total strangers. But an anonymous tip has led me to illegal activities in Fire Hall One, and I'm a reporter before anything else. I'm not going to back off or get distracted, just because Finn is around. My first job now is to figure out if Finn is involved in the crimes, or just an oblivious bystander. If I'm wrong, I might ruin a good man’s reputation. Oh, and I might also get us both killed.

Ulysses’s Ultimatum is an interracial, age-gap, grumpy/sunshine, small-town, gay romantic suspense novel with a valiant firefighter, an investigative reporter with a dubious past, and the secret that might destroy them both.


About Gabbi Grey

USA Today Bestselling author Gabbi Grey lives in beautiful British Columbia where her fur baby chin-poo keeps her safe from the nasty neighborhood squirrels. Working for the government by day, she spends her early mornings writing contemporary, gay, sweet, and dark erotic BDSM romances. While she firmly believes in happy endings, she also believes in making her characters suffer before finding their true love. She also writes m/f romances as Gabbi Black and Gabbi Powell. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)