REVIEW: A Puck Between Friends by JR Gray (God Versus Monster Hockey #3)

 


A PUCK BETWEEN FRIENDS

God versus Monsters Hockey - Book Three

by JR Gray

Release Date: April 1, 2026


Review

Angel has been in love with his best friend Wolfe for ages.  And when they get a chance to get a little revenge on his sister, also Wolfe’s ex, they strike up a plot to fake date at her wedding. Especially as she’s marrying a rival hockey player


Things get a little messy as they are thrown into such close proximity and having to face their toxic families. There’s nothing quite like having someone to have your back.


Angel struggles to believe Wolfe could have feelings for him, and truthfully, it becomes a little tiring. Wolfe a saint for not giving up.


They are both great characters, and you definitely rooted for them.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

When my best friend offers to come as my date to my sister’s wedding to get back at my sister for breaking his heart, I agree thinking it will be hilarious. What I didn’t consider was that I’ve been in love with him half my life, and all the consequences of us fake dating.

My family demands I bring my new boyfriend to her shower first, and things only go downhill from there. My sister is marrying the goalie from our rival team who immediately is up in arms about us dating.

Fair, but I don’t have time to dwell on it as things quickly get weird with my best friend. Wolfe is straight, it shouldn’t be weird right? It’s fake after all. But I’m so wrong. He kisses me like I’ve never been kissed before, and then we both realize we have to keep this up for months until the wedding.

Between the unexpected sexual tension, hockey, and the secrets we are keeping. I don’t know how we’re going to get through the season.

Tropes:

College Hockey

Fake dating

Childhood best friends

Bi-awakening

Idiots to lovers

Goalie

 


About JR Gray

When not staying up all night writing, J.R. Gray can be found at the gym where it's half assumed he is a permanent resident to fulfill his self-inflicted masochism. A dominant and a pilot, Gray finds it hard to be in the passenger seat of any car. He frequently interrupts real life, including normal sleep patterns and conversations, to jot down notes or plot bunnies. Commas are the bane of his existence even though it's been fully acknowledged they are necessary, they continue to baffle and bewilder. If Gray wasn't writing…well, that's not possible. The buildup of untold stories would haunt Gray into an early grave, insanity or both. The idea of haunting has always appealed to him. J.R. Gray is genderqueer and prefers he/him pronouns. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)