REVIEW: The Hot Chocolate Hoax by EJ Stoll (Sweet Deceit #1)
THE HOT CHOCOLATE HOAX
Sweet Deceit - Book One
by EJ Stoll
Release Date: November 13, 2025
Review
Lord help us from meddling families who believe their expectations of happiness should be yours too! But they definitely provide for some entertaining stories.
Covey really put himself in it when he lied about having a boyfriend, and that said imaginary boyfriend was coming to dinner. So when Adrian turns up, well, you can guess what mother dearest thinks.
Now they’re ‘dating’, going on friend dates, and trying not to fall in love with their fake boyfriend. All while navigating kindergartners, ballet rehearsals and a lot of people invested in their budding relationship.
It’s a fun holiday romance between two best friends.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Moving back home to join the Green Mountain Ballet Company came with numerous perks. Better pay, bigger roles, and the chance to dance on the same stage where I first fell in love with ballet. It has a few notable drawbacks as well, like my family's interference in my personal life. When my mom won't stop pestering me about dating, I do the only rational thing: invent a boyfriend.
The problem with fake boyfriends is that they're not real, which means bringing them to a holiday function is a challenge. Enter my childhood best friend, Aidan. We might not be close anymore, but that doesn't stop us from hatching a plan. We'll pretend to date through New Year's to keep everyone happy. Once the holidays and Nutcracker season are over, we can break up (and remain friends, of course).
It's a foolproof plan, so why does it feel like I'm ruining everything?
About EJ Stoll
I'm E.J. (she/her). I'm a queer romance author living in Boston, MA. My books are contemporary MM romances that feature warm, fuzzy characters who are looking for their happily ever after. What can I say? I'm a romantic at heart and adore characters who are chasing their dreams and falling in love.
If I'm not writing, you'll find me drinking too much coffee, hanging out with my cat, and enjoying time in the wilderness with my spouse or friends.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment