REVIEW: Fembot by EM Denning
FEMBOT
by EM Denning
Release Date: November 13, 2025
Review
I didn’t have crying for a robot on my bingo list, but here we are!
A really neat story. Two boys who may have money, but are lacking in family, and though it’s clear they care for one another, emotional trauma and concern over their slightly incompatible desires keep them from making a real go of it.
Then Winston is gifted a robot. A robot that stands out from the rest of them. And then emotions get involved, and the future for all three of them looks bright.
But it’s love that will either break them or save them.
EM does a great job of blending humanity and AI in this sweet story.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Winston Lowe is trying to make it through his senior year of college so he can put school—and his mostly absent father—behind him. All he’s ever wanted was a dad who shows up and instead he got one who tries to buy Winston's love with extravagant gifts. A car. An off-campus house. An unlimited allowance. Nothing Winston wants, but he's used to that. If he got what he wanted, his best friend Lucky would love him back.
The most recent gift, a very humanoid-looking AI robot, has Winston and Lucky more than intrigued. Calvin, as the robot calls himself, is adapting to human life in ways no one could have expected. Winston thought the robots were supposed to be emotionless, impartial, sensible, but Calvin is anything but.
Calvin's presence in the house, along with his affinity for thigh-high stockings, short skirts, and intimacy might be what Winston has needed all along. Winston's relationship with Lucky is finally shifting into something romantic, but so is their relationship with Calvin.
A robot.
All the things that make Calvin special and different are the same things that threaten his existence—and Winston's happiness. There are men searching for Calvin, desperate to right the wrongs of his programming. Is the very real love between the three of them enough to survive the odds or will Calvin's memory be erased, taking Winston and Lucky's love with it?
Read less
About EM Denning
E. M. Denning is a Canadian author and lover of gay romance.
I was born in the '80's in small town Canada, and I still live there. I have three kids, a husband, and a cat who is in his twilight years. I love writing and I especially love writing gay romance. I had a friend in my teens who was deeply closeted and I often think of that friend, and how different his youth would have been if there had been the books and acceptance that are out there now. The world isn't perfect, not yet, but I hope to make it brighter.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | Ream
Comments
Post a Comment