REVIEW: Love Me Like It's Real by Rhys Everly (Love in Maplewood #2)
LOVE ME LIKE IT’S REAL
Love In Maplewood - Book Two
by Rhys Everly
Release Date: May 23, 2025
Review
Felix is as wonderful as I thought he would be from meeting him in book one. The recent transplant, with a couple of wonderful children, meets the most cynical romance hater to live.
Jack’s mission in life is to put an end to love and romance. And causing chaos during the town’s Valentine’s festival is his raison d'être.
Felix may be currently off love at the moment, but deep down, that man is a die-hard lover.
I didn’t love Jack - he’s immature and a bit ridiculous, but the story was fun, and Felix finding love was all you could really want anyway. And their little family is cute.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
It was all pretend... until it wasn’t.
I don’t have time for dating. I'm too busy making Maplewood my home after everything I've been through. But when my daughters decide I need a boyfriend, I do only thing a desperate single dad can do… I lie.
Enter professional dating expert, Jack Hayworth.
He's a cynic. He's emotionally unavailable and he doesn't believe in love. He's even got a club whose entire purpose is to sabotage the Season of Love festival. But he agrees to play along.
Turns out pretending to love Hayworth is way too easy. The real problem? Sleeping with him feels even easier. And once I get a taste, I can’t stop.
I swore I wouldn't fall. I swore I would keep this casual.
Too bad my heart doesn't listen.
Love Me Like It's Real is a low-angst spicy MM romance with a love cynic who loves a good time, a single trans dad who no longer believes in love, fake dating and two little girls determined to give their dad a happily-ever after.
With the highest percentage of LGBTQIA+ residents in Vermont, Maplewood is a town where everyone belongs. And with festivals year round, there’s always something fun happening! This multi-author, low-angst queer series features ten standalone romances—each set against the backdrop of a different festival. Come for the celebrations, stay for the happily-ever-afters!
About Rhys Everly
Rhys Everly-Lawless is a hopeless romantic who loves happily-ever-afters.
Which would explain why he loves writing them.
When he’s not passionately typing out his next book, you can find him cuddling his dog, feeding his husband, or taking long walks letting those plot bunnies breed ferociously in his head.
He writes contemporary gay romances as Rhys Everly and LGBTQ+ urban fantasy and paranormal romances as Rhys Lawless.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Patreon
Comments
Post a Comment