REVIEW: False Start by Nicole Dykes (Big Bend Bears #3)
FALSE START
Big Bend Bears - Book Three
by Nicole Dykes
Release Date: April 20, 2025
Review
Oh my gosh, Vaughn is absolutely adorable, such a golden retriever with a heart of best intentions and love. And I do love a straight bestie who doesn’t realize his own feelings.
This is a really sweet coming of age story between two best friends in a small town that is not the most inclusive.
Vaughn is outgoing and likeable, and he loves his small town, but he’s even more excited to go to college with his BFF. So my heart breaks with his when Austin tells him he’s going to a different school.
Don’t get me wrong, I get it, I get why Austin needs to do it, and he breaks his own heart in the process. And it was the right decision in the end, but still, there were a few tears.
Luckily, distance does make the heart grow stronger, and they have a really sweet build to their relationship.
This is probably the cutest of the series - and it just warmed my heart.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Vaughn Montgomery
High school is almost over, and I’m more than ready.
Not because I don’t love Big Bend and everything here. Actually, I’m going to miss it quite a bit, but I’ll have my best friend by my side.
With Austin, I’ll always be okay.
Austin Pierce
I’m keeping some pretty big secrets from my best friend.
Secrets I’m not sure how much longer I can hold onto. Secrets that’ll likely destroy our friendship.
Because he thinks we’re going to college together—but I just can’t do it. I can’t spend any more time with this lie.
Big Bend may have been my beginning, but it never felt quite right. Something was always off—truly, I think it was my false start.
Now it’s time to live my life with nothing but the truth.
About Nicole Dykes
Nicole Dykes is a wife and a professional assistant/mom to two gorgeous girls. Currently residing in Kansas, she's a lover of coffee, Kansas City Chiefs, and all things romance. She currently has over 20 published books with her Monroe and Adamson series being the most popular. She enjoys cranking up the angst level, making her readers cry, and turning those tears into the coffee that fuels her writing.
Where to find them:
Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment