REVIEW: Rule Breaker by Ava Olsen (Bar Down #1)

 

RULE BREAKER

Bar Down - Book One

by Ava Olsen

Release Date: September 30, 2024


Review

Oh my gosh is there anything better than a sunshiney golden retriever hockey player breaking down the walls of a grumpy standoffish goalie? I say no!


Kayden is an all-around good guy who wants people to be happy and feel welcome. So it’s only to be expected that he gets paired up with the least friendly person alive. Maddox. The Canadian goalie who doesn’t trust easily.


I love a prickly exterior. It makes their inevitable fall into mushy love so satisfying.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Maddox Rocher: Hockey is the only thing I care about. College? Hell no. And the last thing I need is Kayden, a golden retriever teammate who thinks I’m gonna drop my surly attitude and become his BFF. I know from painful experience to never to let my guard down and the only rule I follow is my own. But unlike everyone else, Kayden doesn’t sprint away from me. Instead, he’s skating too close. And we’re set to collide.

Kayden Melnyk: I love college. My hockey team, the parties, the people. Classes, not so much. Especially when I get paired with Maddox, a goalie who offers nothing but snarky comments and snide looks. He’s brilliant and beautiful, and I’m the jock on an athletic scholarship. He hates me but so what? We’re stuck together at away games. His anger sparks a reckless want I’ve never felt before. And I always follow the rules. So why does Maddox make me want to break every one?


Rule Breaker is a double queer awakening, grumpy/sunshine, hurt/comfort, college hockey MM romance.


About Ava Olsen


Ava Olsen has always been inspired by love stories. When the pandemic hit, she decided it was time to make her daydreams about storytelling into a reality, so she turned her pen from sales proposals to romance novels. 


She writes stories full of sexy banter, loveable characters, and swoony moments.


When she's not writing or working at her day job, Ava can be found reading (surprise!), binge watching travel shows and baking. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Newsletter







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)