REVIEW: One Reason to Stay by Ryder O'Malley (Bears of Firefly Valley #1)
ONE REASON TO STAY
Bears of Firefly Valley - Book One
by Ryder O’Malley
Release Date: September 17, 2024
Review
This has everything I love about a quaint small-town romance!
A lovely town that will go above and beyond for one of its own. An out of towner who fits right in. A guy with a dream, but struggling to figure out quite what it is. And really great kid.
Simon and Jason were both really likeable guys. Kind, down-to-earth, and pretty sweet. They are also pretty hot together. That first encounter…damn!
I also really loved the superhero, comic book, comicon narrative. I loved how it highlighted its ability to breach the gap between children and parents; as an entryway to reading, or in this case, bringing a community together. And even if it isn’t your thing, it was super relatable.
Seriously, this one of those warm and cozy stories also made you blush a little!
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Welcome to Firefly Valley, where everybody knows your name and your business.
By business, I mean my lack of a boyfriend. Mom demands I get hitched so she can have a grandchild. The cribbage crew want to be my wingmen and find me a proper gentleman. Everyone in this town has an opinion on my love life.
When a bear of a man moves to town, the rumor mill jumps into overdrive. Is he a bigwig chef? A single dad from the city? Whatever the reality, folks are plotting to introduce us. Little do they know, we’ve already met, and I’m not convinced he plays for my team. Still, a little flirting never hurt anyone, right?
Famous last words.
Life has gotten hectic. I’m stuck juggling a comic convention for Firefly and a man who gives me butterflies. It only gets more complicated when Simon’s past comes crashing down between us. What are the chances I emerge a hero and escape without a broken heart?
Who knew a small town could be this melodramatic? Me. I knew.
One Reason to Stay is a M/M, snarky romance with an HEA and no cliffhangers. It features the hilarity of small towns and plenty of steam, but not always in that order. This is book one in the Bears of Firefly Valley.
About Ryder O’Malley
Superheroes stories are at core of Ryder O’Malley’s origin story. Refusing to read as a child, everything changed with the first stack of comics. He has always been a fan of forbidden romances within the pages of comics. It should be expected that he’d turn around and start writing his own stories filled with sexy, super, man-on-man action. Ryder’s novels draw on his own experiences as a gay man in search of love.
Ryder lives in Charlotte, North Carolina. When he’s not writing, he can be found working on client book covers (which means he’s admiring the abs of muscular men with a little bit of chest hair.)
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | Patreon
Comments
Post a Comment