REVIEW: Oyster by Fearne Hill (Island Love #2)
OYSTER
Island Love - Book Two
by Fearne Hill
Release Date: July 11, 2024
Review
I almost didn’t read this when I received it and found out it was MF. I’m pretty much an exclusive MM reader, but I adored the first book, Salt, so I decided I wanted to give it a try. And for those that love Fearne, you will love this. It has the same beautiful style and intriguing characters you expect from her. The setting is stunning and the community of friends and family surrounding them are terrific.
The storyline was unique. An oyster farmer and a world-famous soccer player. When they meet on the beach one night, there is a connection that neither can ignore. What starts as a beautiful and tentative connection, soon becomes so much deeper and grander. One that they can’t ignore and breathes life into their lives and personal struggles.
It is a tender story with a lot of heart.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Low tides threw up all kinds of unexpected and random treasures. Wedding bands, hauls of driftwood, old bones worn smooth.
Jaded oyster fisherman, Nico La Forge, had seen them all.
Or so he believed. Until one night, a cold, bedraggled, and beautiful Éti Salvador washed up on the shore.
Nico had never been in love. Wasn’t even looking for love. With the body of a revolutionary hero and a face like the devil, Nico was the sort of guy your mother warned you to stay away from. But then, Nico had never come across anyone as extraordinary as Éti Salvador before; divebombing the emotional wasteland of his heart, shaking it like a maraca.
And, overnight, like the turning of the tides, everything changed.
Oyster is an MF queer romance.
About Fearne Hill
Fearne Hill is an author living in the deepest Dorset countryside with varying numbers of chickens, a few tortoises and a beautiful cocker spaniel. Her novel, Two Tribes, is a 2023 Lambda Literary finalist.
When she is not overseeing her small menagerie, she is writing contemporary queer romance.
And when she is not doing either of those, she is working as a consultant anaesthetist.
Where to find them:
Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment