REVIEW: Fighting Attraction by Laura John (Sentinel Protection Duology #1)

 


FIGHTING ATTRACTION

Sentinel Protection Duology - Book One

by Laura John

Release Date: March 3, 2022


Review

Laura John tackles some tough topics in book one of the Sentinel Protection Duology. Namely sexual assault and conversion therapy. She does so with obvious care and compassion and the hope of overcoming both.


Damon struggles with feeling like enough. And that’s not helped by Bruno’s hot and cold.  Bruno is a bodyguard for the band Damon manages, but they were also friends until Damon found a boyfriend. Then their friendship iced over. But one night drunken night things change when Bruno comes to Damon’s rescue in the alley outside the bar.


Once these two figure out how to actually talk to one another about their feelings, it’s a pretty sweet coupling.  Bruno loves big and that’s exactly what Damon needs. From lovely dates to plenty of snuggling. These two bring a lot of joy to each other's life.


This book focuses a lot on the things Damon has been through, and he’s not fixed by love alone, which I appreciate.  It takes therapy, friends, and of course Bruno.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

BRUNO


I always said I was straight and it was the truth until him.


Damon is my friend and although he’s always flirted, I never had the courage to take things further. It didn’t matter either because he was swept off the market before I could even figure out what I was feeling.


Now though, he’s newly single.


I want to tell him how I feel and see if it’s the same for him, but one night everything changes.


He’s attacked and I can’t seem to bring myself to confess what I’ve been feeling. It wouldn’t be right considering the circumstances. Only, my heart doesn’t agree.


DAMON


Being around security guards has always been the norm for me. It comes with the job when you work for celebrities.


Normally, I would just ignore them. They’re there to do a job just like me and don’t want distractions, but Bruno was different.


Over time, I learned pushing his buttons and getting under his skin was fun. Flirting with him though? Even better. I never had to worry because he was straight. We developed a friendship, but when he starts to push me away, I’m not sure why.


One night, everything changes, though. I get a little too drunk and a man refuses to take no for an answer, but Bruno is there to save me.


Only now, he’s looking at me differently and I can’t figure out why.


Will we both be able to overcome what we’ve endured or is there too much in our past destined to keep us apart?



Fighting Attraction is book one in the Sentinel Protection Series, but can be read as a stand-alone or as a part of the series.


If you like emotional rollercoasters, angst filled novels, and super sexy bodyguards then you will love this m/m romance by Laura John.



About Laura John

Laura is a steamy romance author from Alberta, Canada, who melds love and angst together while normalizing mental illness. In her books, you will fall in love with her rock stars, bodyguards, baseball players, and even a hired hitman!⁣

When she’s not writing, Laura enjoys reading, going to concerts, hiking, and experimenting with makeup! Music means everything to her, so make sure to check out her playlists to get a sneak peek into what inspires her!


Where to find them:


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)