REVIEW: Embracing Temptation by Laura John (Sentinel Protection Duology #2)

 


EMBRACING TEMPTATION

Sentinel Protection Duology - Book Two

by Laura John

Release Date: March 5, 2022


Review

Book two of the Sentinel Protection duology gives us one very bratty and high-energy bodyguard and his sexy boss and lead bodyguard who likes to give orders!


Terry and Maverick are true opposites who complement each other beautifully. They have some great chemistry and banter. And aren’t too shabby in the sexy department! The care and acceptance Terry gives Maverick made my heart grow a little bigger.


They make for a great pairing that keeps you on your toes and makes you smile.  You also have to love Terry’s family.  They are fantastic.


It was a great addition. Glad both Sentinel men got their happy ending.


Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

TERRY


Love is a curse and I have the failed marriage to prove that.


So many years down the drain and the memory of how it all went bad in the back of my mind is what keeps me closed off, making sure I don’t have a repeat.


But when Maverick comes into the picture, everything changes.


I’m 50 years old, far past my prime, and keep to myself, but he awakens something in me I never knew existed.


I try to keep him at arm’s length, not ready to go down that path again, but he won’t give up that easily.


Slowly, he works his way into my heart, and the more time I spend with him, the more I want him



MAVERICK


Having no family, it’s made the kind of life I live easy.


I live day by day, taking everything one step at a time, and never plant my roots.


But when Terry starts to be shown in a new light, I can’t help but wonder what if.


He’s brooding, closed off, and so fun to tease.


It seems the closer I try to get, though, the more he backs away.


Can I get him to open up or will I push too much and force him to stay away?



Embracing Temptation is book 2 in the Sentinel Protection Series and can be read as a stand-alone!


If you like age-gaps, sunshine/grumpy tropes, and stories of self discover than this book is for you!



About Laura John

Laura is a steamy romance author from Alberta, Canada, who melds love and angst together while normalizing mental illness. In her books, you will fall in love with her rock stars, bodyguards, baseball players, and even a hired hitman!⁣

When she’s not writing, Laura enjoys reading, going to concerts, hiking, and experimenting with makeup! Music means everything to her, so make sure to check out her playlists to get a sneak peek into what inspires her!


Where to find them:


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)