REVIEW: Before I Fall by Joelle Lynne & Courtney W. Dixon

 


BEFORE I FALL

by Joelle Lynne & Courtney W. Dixon

Release Date: November 15, 2023


Review

An emotional story of loss, hurt and rebuilding with someone who wants to stand with you.


Evan and Simon are such good souls and this slow-burn romance shows us how amazing they are for one another.


It’s been years since Simon divorced Evan’s Aunt and moved away.  But they still consider themselves family. So when Evan becomes a single father a newborn, with no support from his biological family, Simon shows up to be the rock that Evan needs.


I can’t imagine being in Evan’s shoes. He’s such a good person, trying his damnedest to take care of his adorable child while grieving for his girlfriend.  Breaks my heart.


But with Simon, the world becomes brighter, safer, and happier. I’m so glad they found their way to a future with so much joy and love.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Who’s going to catch me when I fall?


Evan


Everything has been taken from me. My home, my family, and the love of my life. Raising a child on my own isn’t how I envisioned my young life full of hopes and dreams. Now, my youth is gone, too. I had been drowning with no way out until him. The one man I didn’t expect to hold my head above water. Simon had married my aunt to hide his secrets, but he’s not afraid of who he is any longer, and is now living a single life. He’s a life force, and my savior when I was all alone in the dark. But he’s become more than just my former uncle, and I want him.


Simon


It was only supposed to be for two weeks, to help Evan out as he grieved while trying to care for a newborn. His aunt couldn’t get away, so I stepped in. But he needed more of my time. And during those couple of weeks, I remembered what it was like to have a family and to be part of something important. So, I uprooted my life in New York and moved back to our small town to help Evan and the baby. But everything has become so much more than that. I shouldn’t want him. Not only is he so much younger, but he used to be my nephew. Our families hate us enough, and I just can’t do that to Evan.


About Joelle Lynne


Joelle Lynne is a M/M Romance author who is a total nerd at heart. She loves her romance sweet but on the spicy side.


Where to find them:


Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | TikTok




About Courtney W. Dixon


Courtney W. Dixon loves to write erotic romance. She writes both m/f and m/m stories all in one series to add a variety to her characters. Though there are erotic elements to her stories, they are rich with relationship growth. Even those enemies to lovers, a favorite of hers. Her characters are filled with deep POVs with trouble pasts, full of depth and emotion. She tries to give them complexity and growth as their stories move. And her favorite is to break her main characters down to lift them back up in order to give them their HEA's.


Courtney is also a mixed media artist who's primarily been focused on writing lately. You can find her working in Central Texas with her husband, two boys and two crazy dogs, none of whom know how to knock on a door while she's working.



Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Hateful Love by T. Ashleigh & Addison Beck (King of Aces #1)

REVIEW: Resting Beach Face by DJ Jamison (Swallow Cove #4)

REVIEW: The Burnt by Peter E Fenton (Declan Hunt Mysteries #3)