REVIEW: Whiskey Nights and Neon Dreams by Ashley James
WHISKEY NIGHTS AND NEON DREAMS
by Ashley James
Release Date: October 27, 2023
Review
I…wow. Well, that was emotionally exhausting! (in the best possible way). And such an incredibly crafted story that had me so wrapped up that I didn’t realize how much time had passed and that I should really go to sleep (spoiler alert - I didn’t until the story was over!).
I’m not even sure where to begin, but to say, if you like gritty, raw & flawed men who definitely don’t get an easy path to love…then you will fall hard for this story.
I think this quote really sums up the whole story.
“Josiah and I are two black sheep, drowning in our grief, plagued by trauma, both desperate for reprieve. And in this moment, we can be that for each other.”
Expect they are so much more than a reprieve. These two men who deserved so much more in life, from family and from friends, finally got everything I could want for them. Love, happiness, safety.
Whiskey Nights and Neon Dreams has definitely burrowed deep, and I’ll be thinking about this one for a long time to come.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
The memory of Josiah DeMille has haunted me for close to a decade.
The way he looked.
The way he smelled.
The way his lips felt pressed against mine, even when they shouldn’t have been.
The one person I’ve never been able to get over.
The one singular part of my past I’ve never been able to move on from.
In every lyric sung into the microphone, in every chord strummed on the guitar, in the bottom of every single whiskey bottle, he’s there.
His memory has me in a chokehold.
His absence a gaping hole in my chest.
I gave up years ago wondering if I’d ever stop thinking about him.
Josiah DeMille is the ghost of my past. A past I left behind after my rock bottom.
Now he’s back, and he’s everything I remember him to be and more.
As mesmerizing as ever, a malt perfectly aged in an oak barrel.
But there are dark secrets and shameful lies between us, blurred lines, and an underlying temptation that we’ve never been able to ignore.
It’s a recipe for disaster, an imminent train wreck.
Where will we sit once the dust settles and the truth comes out?
About Ashley James
Ashley James is an LGBTQIA+ author who enjoys writing (and reading) the toxic, swoony, broody, filthy talking, red flag men. She is originally from Washington State—and no, not Seattle—but now resides in South Carolina with her two daughters and her three Sphynx kitties, Goose, Maverick, and Houston. And if you’re wondering if those names are Top Gun references, you would be absolutely correct.
Where to find them:
Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok
Comments
Post a Comment