REVIEW: The Cockpit by Ava Olsen (Voyagers #3)

THE COCKPIT

Voyagers - Book Three

by Ava Olsen

Release Date: June 27, 2023


Review

I’ve been anticipating The Cockpit the most in this series.  Ever since the infamous blow-up Rafe and the Captain had during a family dinner, I knew I would love these two falling in love. George is ex-Navy, living the dream of working on the water, but also living with the cruel words of his ex-boyfriend in his head. He’s years older than Rafe (read sexy silver fox!). A model turned photographer. He’s constantly misjudged because of his career and good looks.


They can’t seem to have a simple conversation without it ending in yelling and storming off. But it’ll be a long couple of months if they can’t find a way to get along. Thankfully they are both willing to try. So one dinner, aided by some meddling crew, leads to seeing the other in a new light.


This fiery duo is in fact two of the sweetest (and possessive) men to ever set sail. I adored them and their mushiness. And I loved how they found a balance of making each other a priority without giving up their dreams.


Swoon!



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

I’ve given up my modeling career to work on the other side of the lens. And touring the coast of Australia on my brother’s yacht is a dream come true for my first gig as a professional photographer. Only, this dream could end up a nightmare since I’m forced to travel with the one man who gets under my skin - Captain George Bernard.

Our animosity isn’t new, and neither is my curiosity about the quiet man who keeps to himself. But on this trip, I make it my mission to put our arguments to rest. Then, the unthinkable happens - I’m falling for the one person I never expected and for the first time in my life.

We both have careers that take us all over the world. Can George and I make long-distance, long-term, or is our shipboard romance just that?


As a former British navy officer, and now charter captain, I’ve traveled the globe and always call the sea my home. And at forty-nine, I’ve resigned myself to a life lived alone. Until the irreverent Rafe Carter steps aboard my ship.

Rafe, brother to my boss. A model turned photographer, he’s everything I’m not - outgoing and flirtatious. I’m flustered by the man and his manner, and now the sailing is anything but smooth.

But I pride myself on being diplomatic and I vow that Rafe and I are going to put aside our differences. Only, it’s not as simple as that. As I get to know the man behind the pictures, a different kind of tension builds between us.

The more I know, the harder I fall. A love I’d never thought possible is suddenly the only thing that matters.

Both of us are wanderers, but I know one thing for sure. Rafe is not walking off this ship and out of my life for good.


The Cockpit is an enemies to lovers, age gap, demi rep, MM romance filled with surprising confessions, possessive chemistry, and an HEA that will leave you breathless. This is Book Three of the Voyagers’ one superyacht, four love stories that span the globe.



About Ava Olsen


Ava Olsen has always been inspired by love stories. When the pandemic hit, she decided it was time to make her daydreams about storytelling into a reality, so she turned her pen from sales proposals to romance novels. 


She writes stories full of sexy banter, loveable characters, and swoony moments.


When she's not writing or working at her day job, Ava can be found reading (surprise!), binge watching travel shows and baking. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Newsletter







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)