REVIEW: The Saint & the First-Time Sinner (Cresson Point #4)
THE SAINT & THE FIRST-TIME SINNER
Cresson Point - Book Four
by Romeo Alexander
Release Date: October 22, 2022
Review
I really enjoyed the premise of this story. A palliative care nurse who was assigned to a wealthy headstrong woman. The job also comes with her son, an obnoxious, straight playboy. And boy, Shane is truly obnoxious, in a way only rich kids can be. I questioned for a moment if I would end up liking him….but I shouldn’t have doubted that I would come around, and appreciate him in the end.
Kevin was a great pragmatic optimist who chose a career that isn’t easy, especially given the loss he’s had to endure over the years. But I liked that he was also a little hot-headed, and is excellent at speaking his mind.
What was great about this story is that even though they got a lovely Happy Ever After, it still felt real, personality traits weren’t magically better, they were constantly learning how to communicate and be there for each other. I love that.
Add to your TBR List
Synopsis
Gay natural caregiver meets arrogant first-time gay.
My job isn’t easy but taking care of sick people in the comfort of their own homes is so worthwhile. I like to think I’m professional and know I’m good at what I do, regardless of the circumstances, the patient, or even their families. Maybe it’s because I’ve known loss in my own life, or maybe I was just made for the job. Either way, I love what I do.
However, everything I thought I knew about myself is going to get sorely tested with this new assignment. The patient is a battle axe, and she’s the type to take that as a compliment. If it were just her, there wouldn’t be a problem. I’ve dealt with spirited, hardheaded, pain-in-the-ass patients before.
No, the problem is her son, Shane.
I don’t know what it is about him. I know he’s exactly my type, but he also has a way of getting under my skin, and worse, he likes getting under my skin. The funny thing is he’s supposed to be straight, but the more I keep “running into” him, the more I’m beginning to question that. Which is dangerous because I find myself wanting him to get under my skin. All my personal rules and boundaries are getting tested, and all for some rich, spoiled brat with a gorgeous smile and something vulnerable in his bright eyes.
Basically, I’m in trouble.
***
How long can Kevin ignore Shane’s attention? If he gives in, what will he have to give up? Find out in this first-time gay, opposites attract romance with plenty of witty banter, a bit of snark, and, of course, a HEA.
About Romeo Alexander
Romeo Alexander is an M/M (gay) Romance Author. Hip, plugged into pop culture, hopeless romantic. Romeo believes that love truly conquers all and that love can heal all wounds. His characters grapple with real relationships and real-world issues while simultaneously using their hearts as a guiding compass towards a Happily Ever After.
Where to find them:
Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter
Comments
Post a Comment