Audiobook Review: The Shutout by Dianna Roman


 Review:

So I had already read the book before listening to the audiobook version. I was a little nervous. I LOVED the book, and sometimes my imagination and the narrator's interpretation vary. Let's just say…the audiobook is stellar!

Iggy Toma and Alexander Cendese to a fantastic job, each of them really captured the essence of the characters. Iggy as Jack, the laid back and cheery ballplayer, Alexander as Max, the temperamental and sometimes overwhelmed lawyer. Alexander did an especially amazing job at capturing Max’s often frantic thought process.

You can read my original review here: Original Review But I have to say, I loved this story just as much a second time. I wasn’t sure if it would capture me quite the same way the second time around, knowing what was coming, but judging by the concern on my boss's face when she came into my office as I was crying while putting together a mailout, I would say it still gave me all the feelings.

This was one of those books that still pops into my head even a month after reading it, so I really enjoyed reliving those scenes and moments, and remembering ones I had forgotten. There are so many great lines and moments.

The standout things that really lasted with me through both readings:

*The way they each take turns caring for the other, picking up the pieces through life's curveballs.
*Max getting his head out of his a** and the fierceness with which he loves.
*The Epilogue

Stars: 5

🕮 The Shutout by @diannaroman
📚 Add to your TBR ➟ https://bit.ly/3qrc5kW
🎧 Audible ➟ https://adbl.co/3kdIM1L


Synopsis:

Sometimes love is where you least expect it, and sometimes it's right where you left it in this witty, slow burn-to-steamy friends-to-lovers MM romance.

Widower, Max Hartwell, is barely keeping it together, being a single dad, managing his law firm, and navigating life's chaos. Life after loss is too difficult for surprises, which is why Max would be lost without his reliable best friend and neighbor, Jack.

Best pitcher in the MLB, Jack Spears, is at the top of his game. He has it all, except for the one thing he wants most, which happens to be the one thing he can't have if he doesn't want his private life to overshadow his career: love. When an emotional evening reveals his biggest secret, he's faced with losing everything that matters most to him.

Can Max see him for the man he truly is, or will Jack forever be doomed to live in the shadow of the image he created as America's favorite pitcher?


Follow Author:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)