REVIEW: The Mayor and the Mystery Man by A.J. Truman


 

Review:

I have a weakness for best friends for life to ‘you're the one for me’ lovers, especially when it’s been a long time coming.  I will never get enough of it.


These two, Leo and Dusty, do not disappoint. Best friends from college, they’ve been through it all together over the past 20 years. Calling each other at night like schoolgirls, texting each other every day. So when Leo needs a fake boyfriend to help his re-election campaign Dusty is more than happy to leave his disastrous life behind and help him out.


What you really need to know is that they fit perfectly.  They have such a wonderful connection - playful and fun, but they can also call each other on their crap. They may also have a bit of a competitive streak which leads to all manner of fun. And should we talk about their chemistry? Let’s just say that their first time together is fire!! But what I loved the most was that they never doubted each other.  They always have full and complete faith in their friendship. The only people they were kidding with their fake relationship were themselves!


This is a really enjoyable read, with some wonderful characters and plenty of humour, heat, and love.


Stars: 4.5



Synopsis:


An MM Fake Relationship, Friends to Lovers Romance

To win this election, I should be trying to kiss babies, not my best friend!

My chances of reelection have gone from slam dunk to nose dive.

What happened? A former hookup sold me out to the press, complete with screenshots. In my defense, between being mayor and parenting twins (double the puberty!), I have zero room for relationships that go beyond one night.

My campaign manager says I need to change the narrative, aka get a boyfriend ASAP to make me seem more (ugh) likeable. The only person I trust with this ruse is my charming best friend Dusty.

Despite living 3,000 miles apart, thanks to endless text chains and 2 a.m. phone calls, we’ve been the constant in each other’s lives, navigating through single dad fails (me) and breakups with cruel ex-girlfriends (all him).

Each day we spend as fake boyfriends feels more real, which is odd because Dusty is straight.

And yet our playful banter is shifting from friendly to flirty.

And he doesn’t stop holding my hand when the crowds leave.

And was he always this attractive?

With reporters sniffing for the truth, exploring these feelings could mean the implosion of my political career and our friendship.

The Mayor and the Mystery Man is book 2 in the Single Dads Club series, but can be read as a standalone. Join Leo and Dusty as they stumble toward their happily ever after!
 


🕮The Mayor and the Mystery Man by AJ Truman

📚 Add to your TBR ➟ https://bit.ly/3NnOWK0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)