AUDIO REVIEW: Pinot & Pineapple Lumps by Jay Hogan (Southern Lights #4)

 


PINOT & PINEAPPLE LUMPS

Southern Lights - Book Four

by Jay Hogan

Release Date: March 18, 2021

Audio Release Date: December 14, 2023


Review

Narrator Gary Furlong is such a great partner in bringing Jay’s book to life. They are a wonderful pairing, and it’s always a treat to listen to him.


Pinot & Pineapple Lumps was an anticipated book for those who have read the previous stories.  We’ve been invested in Kurt finding his happiness and someone to love him.


He’s been forced to find wisdom only someone who has seen some sh** can. He’s had to find a way to fight for happiness, and finding the older Penn who understands some of what he’s been through is the perfect fit.


Theirs is a beautiful relationship that grew through compassion and patience. 


Jay has handled the topics of mental illness and complicated familial relationships with great compassion and care. It all made for a touching story.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Penn from Adelaide. That’s all I knew.

We shared a single kiss over a year ago, and I can still remember every toe-curling second of it. He thought I was too young for him. I thought he was running scared. But that kiss was the first time I’d felt alive in a long time, and I’ve been chasing the feeling ever since—doing my research, a lot of research, a lot of men. Something my protective older brother isn’t too happy about.

I’ve been through more than most guys my age, and I still bear the scars. My head’s not always my best friend, but I’m building a life, PTSD be damned. I can’t turn back the clock, and I’m not sure I want to.

Except maybe to that moment when Penn kissed me. I mean, the odds of us ever meeting again were slim to none, right?

Yeah, about that.

But this time I’m ready. I’m a year older, an ocean of therapy wiser, and I know exactly what I want.

Triggers: One of the main characters in this book lives with PTSD as a result of a fire, and within the story there are flashbacks and descriptions of triggering events. There are also themes of loss and grief.


About Jay Hogan


Jay is a 2020 Lambda Literary Award Finalist in Gay Romance and her book Off Balance was the 2021 New Zealand Romance Book of the Year. She is a New Zealand author writing mm romance and romantic suspense, primarily set in New Zealand. She writes character driven romances with lots of humour, a good dose of reality and a splash of angst. She's travelled extensively, lived in many countries, and in a past life she was a critical care nurse, nurse educator and counsellor.

 

Jay is owned by a huge Maine Coon cat and a gorgeous Cocker Spaniel


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)