REVIEW: His Death Bringer by Courtney W. Dixon (The District #1)

 


HIS DEATH BRINGER

The District - Book One

by Courtney W. Dixon

Release Date: July 31, 2023


Review

Courtney W. Dixon has brought us a dark and intriguing new series of assassins. And His Death Bringer kicks it off.


Dante and Luca’s story won’t give you hot chocolate and cozy blanket feelings. Their story is difficult and at times painful, but there is something satisfying about an assassin finding love. And for two men who have experienced so many horrors finding their person and building a life together. 


Dante may rescue Luca, but in the end, Luca also rescues Dante.


“He called me his Dark Angel, but he was my Angel of Light, and I never wanted to see him dimmed.”


You’ll be in for quite a ride for this story, so grab a drink and settle in. And get ready to fall in love and eagerly anticipate book 2.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

He calls me his dark angel, but I’m merely a killer. A bringer of death.


Luca Davenport


He is my angel, sent to be my death bringer to save me from my tormentors and betrayers—those who sold me into slavery when I was only eight years old. Angel came in with guns blazing and black wings that were made to crush his enemies and envelope me in love. He belongs to me and I belong to him. We are destined. After he saves me from my captors, we hunt down the remaining men who had abused me for eleven years to make them pay in blood.


Dante Varga


He is a broken boy of no more than nineteen. He sees me as an angel, but I’m simply a killer. An assassin for hire. I can’t save him. I can’t take care of him. There’s no room left in my dying soul to care about someone. Not anymore. But I can’t turn him away either. I should kill him. He’s a witness. But I feel compelled to protect him at all costs. Saving him will either shatter the ice around my heart or destroy me. Either way, Luca is dangerous.



Each book in this series will be read as a standalone, however, reading in order will add more pleasure to the reading experience.


CW: graphic violence, murder, rape, torture, human trafficking, explicit content


About Courtney W. Dixon


Courtney W. Dixon loves to write erotic romance. She writes both m/f and m/m stories all in one series to add a variety to her characters. Though there are erotic elements to her stories, they are rich with relationship growth. Even those enemies to lovers, a favorite of hers. Her characters are filled with deep POVs with trouble pasts, full of depth and emotion. She tries to give them complexity and growth as their stories move. And her favorite is to break her main characters down to lift them back up in order to give them their HEA's.


Courtney is also a mixed media artist who's primarily been focused on writing lately. You can find her working in Central Texas with her husband, two boys and two crazy dogs, none of whom know how to knock on a door while she's working.



Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)