REVIEW: No Man's Land by Courtney W. Dixon (Ohana Surfing Club #4)


NO MAN’S LAND

Ohana Surfing Club - Book Four

by Courtney W. Dixon

Release Date: May 31, 2023


Review

“I would never make him feel less, and he would never make me feel that way either. Levi and I were perfectly imperfect.”


No Man’s Land wraps up the Ohana Surfing Club series, and it’s bittersweet. Levi’s story is an emotional one, as we expect from Courtney and her boys.


Everything Levi has been through in his life will wreck you. He’s an incredible young man who has persevered and even thrived. Helped by his found family who finally showed him some unconditional love. He’s also crazy smart and knows how to get what he wants.


And what he wants is Ashton, his college advisor. He knows he’ll have to bid his time and win him over, but he’s tenacious. He’ll get his man!


Ashton carries scars from his ex. And though he tries to ignore the building feelings between the two of them, Ashton can’t ignore how awake he feels when Levi is around.


They have a beautiful bond and it’s not a straight path to happily ever after, but it just makes them stronger in the end.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

There’s only one man I will allow to know me. My mind, heart, and soul are my gifts to Mr. Carter.


Levi


I used to joke with my found family that I had daddy issues as a deflection from my problems. I didn’t want anyone to know that side of me. I had a classic case of it, keeping me from relating to young men my age. All because of my abusive father. At seventeen, I started college and developed an obsession with my advisor, Mr. Ashton Carter. He was everything I could ever want, and I knew deep down he could fulfill my needs that I couldn’t find with anyone else. But I was too young and had to wait until I turned eighteen and play my cards right. Would he want someone with my issues that no one else knew about other than my therapist? And I thought I left my past behind, only to discover that it's trying to claim me once more.



Ash


Levi Dawson was barely seventeen when he first came to me. His brilliant mind struggled to find direction, and I did my best to guide him. The more time we spent together the more he flirted. I knew he had developed feelings for me, but he was too young, and I could lose my job at the university if we acted on them. When I stumbled upon Levi as the victim of a brutal attack, I saved him. Since then, he has desperately clung to me. Could I hold back my growing feelings for the young man? He was too hard to resist.


This is a student/advisor, college romance, daddy/boy, big age gap, mm romance.


There are a lot of triggers in this book. CW: Abuse of a child, mentions of molestation/rape, homophobia, bullying, big age gap, co-dependency, Stockholm Syndrome, attempted rape, explicit language, violence, and sex.


This book can be read as a standalone, but like any series, it's always appreciated more if read in order.



About Courtney W. Dixon


Courtney W. Dixon loves to write erotic romance. She writes both m/f and m/m stories all in one series to add a variety to her characters. Though there are erotic elements to her stories, they are rich with relationship growth. Even those enemies to lovers, a favorite of hers. Her characters are filled with deep POVs with trouble pasts, full of depth and emotion. She tries to give them complexity and growth as their stories move. And her favorite is to break her main characters down to lift them back up in order to give them their HEA's.


Courtney is also a mixed media artist who's primarily been focused on writing lately. You can find her working in Central Texas with her husband, two boys and two crazy dogs, none of whom know how to knock on a door while she's working.



Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)