AUDIO REVIEW: Bat Boy by Christina Lee (Easton U Pirates #1)

 



BAT BOY

Easton U Pirates - Book One

by Christina Lee

Release Date: November 10, 2020

Audio Release Date: April 13, 2021


Review

So much gooey goodness with this one. 


Two caring, playful, and understanding young men finding someone special. I love how easy and fun they are together.  They are different enough in their personalities to make things interesting, but not enough to cause conflict. 


The way they handled Brady coming to terms with his sexuality was really great. And that was greatly helped by Kellan’s care for Brady. Despite being nervous about whether or not it was all an experiment for Brady, Kellan was always thoughtful and compassionate.


Such a great story, and I’m looking forward to more.


PS. It made an excellent audiobook. I especially love having dual narrators. Iggy Toma is always a favourite, and I enjoyed a new to me narrator Kale Wiliams.  They made a good team.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Brady Donovan


With a baseball scholarship to Easton University and awesome family and friends, my life is pretty golden. Except, things have never come together for me in the romance department. Until Kellan Crawford walks onto the field as the team’s newest bat boy. Bells and whistles go off in my body, and just like that, I’m totally crushing on a guy for the first time in my life. Too bad he’s the coach’s son and officially off-limits.


Kellan Crawford


I’m working toward my statistics degree, so landing the bat-boy position with the Easton U Pirates is right up my alley. It keeps me close to the action on the field, even if that means hauling equipment, picking up sweaty jockstraps, and putting up with the players’ antics. My dad’s the coach, and his number-one rule is never to play favorites…which probably includes getting too friendly with the team captain. But Brady Donovan’s annoyingly perfect smile and protective nature are making that nearly impossible.


When something shifts between us at an away game, everything is thrown off-kilter. Donovan’s never been with a guy before, and I certainly don’t want to be his test case. But I can’t seem to help myself. He’s sweet and hot and somehow charms the baseball pants right off me. If Coach ever catches wind of this, he’ll bench us both. Disappointing my dad might kill me, but so would losing the guy who makes my heart pound harder than a home run in the bottom of the ninth.


So much for not playing favorites.




About Christina Lee

Once upon a time, Christina Lee was a wardrobe stylist in New York City. She spent her days schlepping clothes, hailing cabs, and on the hunt for the perfect lip gloss, which became a bit of an addiction—along with books and coffee. You could always find her perched in a corner booth of a favorite diner sipping a dark roast and reading.


She currently lives in the Midwest with her husband and son—her two favorite guys. She’s been a clinical social worker and a special education teacher and while very rewarding, they still didn’t feel like an exact fit. It wasn’t until she began writing a weekly column for the local newspaper that the bells went off in her head. She could finally draw from her real-life experiences and vivid imagination to write fiction—and she’s never looked back.


Christina writes romance in different sub-genres, but mostly with LGBTQ characters because representation matters and everyone deserves a happily-ever-after. 


Where to find them:


Website | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)