REVIEW: Moonlight by Evie McGlynn (Down the Shore #1)

 


MOONLIGHT

Down the Shore - Book One

by Evie McGlynn

Release Date: December 29, 2022


Review

What a fantastic debut novel by Evie McGlynn. I didn’t want to put this one down, I only did because…life….but in the end, I stayed up till 1:30 in the morning to finish it!


It was soft and beautiful and redemptive, full of love and kindness, but it also had external drama and suspense. It was the perfect combination and it kept me engaged the whole way through. It helps that both the MCs where great people who you wanted to see get their second chances and find success. And most of all you wanted them to get their safe place with each other. A place where they find love and happiness in all parts of their lives.


You also stuck around to see the horrible people get the comeuppance. And the friends…there were so many amazing friends, family, and associates. I want all their stories and happy ever afters, and if we get to catch glimpses of Sean and Jeremy along the way…oh well!


Seriously, so glad I got to read this first book of hopefully many.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

I was the most sought-after concert pianist in the world. Now I barely leave my apartment. Injury and addiction have taken their toll, and I can't seem to get my life back on track.


My best friend wants to send me on a month-long vacation to the Moonlight Inn to get ready to play for his wedding. In New Jersey. The place where I almost died. My friends think I should get “hot and heavy” at the Jersey shore, but I just want to be able to perform again.


I didn’t anticipate meeting someone like Sean O’Neil, the owner of Moonlight Inn. He’s down-to-earth and kind, and when I’m with him, I feel unaccountably safe. His quiet encouragement helps me conquer my fears and get back in front of an audience.


As my confidence grows, the world I thought closed to me, opens once more. Word spreads of my return, and people from around the globe are asking me to play for them. At last, I can get back to doing what I love most.


But the luster of touring dulls when a tragedy in Sean’s life prevents him from joining me. Will I have to choose between the career I love and the man who holds my heart?


About Evie McGlynn

Evie is a new author who has always been an avid reader, mostly fantasy, science fiction and, of course, romance. After raising three children into adulthood, acquiring a master’s degree, and opening a counselling practice, she figured she didn’t have enough to do, so she decided to write books. Evie lives “down the shore” in New Jersey with her husband, her youngest son, his fiancée, and her goofy Rottweiler. Every summer she complains about “the bennies” coming down and snarling up the traffic, but she’s a Jersey Girl through and through.


Where to find them:


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | Facebook Group








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)