REIVEW: Roots Run Deep by Melody Claire (Once and Always #2)

 


ROOTS RUN DEEP

Once and Always - Book Two

by Melody Claire

Release Date: October 15, 2024


Review

An emotional story full of grand love, a second chance and mental health struggles that make you fully invested in their story.


Written in two parts. Their first love and their second chance. Both halves are beautiful and touching. 


This story is a journey. A journey of self-discovery, growth, and choosing love. As young men, they develop an easy love but are also dealing with life. A life that involves loss, a strained parental relationship, big choices and emotional struggles. 


Nine years later they’ve grown and matured, but it doesn’t mean they don’t still struggle with life's problems.  But what’s clear is that the one thing that has never changed is their love for each other. It’s a beautiful thing. And a beautiful story.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Zach

As the former Homecoming King and Captain of the Soccer Team, I’ve worked hard at being the guy everyone expects me to be. But when I develop an unexpected friendship with Jason the summer before college, I find myself opening up to him in ways I never have with anyone else. As our relationship deepens and blooms into something more, he becomes the person I cling to when tragedy strikes…until I walk away.

Jason

It’s been nine years since the only person I’ve ever been attracted to walked out of my life. Now, Zach’s back in my small town, wanting to make amends. And even as I resolve to keep my distance, I find myself unable to resist his pull.

As that old spark of attraction flares, I’m determined to focus on our future, while Zach struggles to leave our history in the past.

I’ve forgiven him, but I’m not sure he can forgive himself.

Roots Run Deep is Book Two in the Once and Always series featuring men finding love and their second chances. This emotional romance features themes of grief and anxiety. For a full list of triggers, visit my website.


About Melody Claire

Melody Claire writes emotional contemporary MM romance stories with moderate heat and a whole lot of heart. She hails from Kansas City but resides in Omaha and loves setting her stories in the midwest. She is married with two almost grown kiddos, a dog, and a kitty. By day, she teaches middle school, and by night can be found writing on her laptop or curled up with her kindle. She’s addicted to pink drinks and the sound of her husband’s laugh, and loves nothing more than to escape into a love story.


Where to find them:


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)