REVIEW: Relic by Mia Monroe

 


RELIC

by Mia Monroe

Release Date: April 22, 2024


Review

This was a really entertaining Vampire/Witchy story set in the lore of New Orleans.


It’s a quick read, so the relationship feels like it happens pretty fast, though by no means immediate, but that’s part of what makes it a fun story. Add to that the New Orleans setting, vampires who can disappear into smoke (I’ll take that superpower), and a host of paranormal side characters.


Emory is drawn to NO when he runs from his ex-boyfriend, only to find himself in the middle of a Vampire conspiracy to take over the city. Not to mention a mysterious man who seems to be a tad possessive and always seems to be there when he needs a protector.


Seriously, this is a great way to wile away a Saturday afternoon and indulge in some vampire sexiness.



Add to your TBR List

GOODREADS LINK


Synopsis

Running from my past led me straight into the arms of my future. That is, if evil doesn’t catch me first.


New Orleans felt like the right place for me to disappear, but I walked right into trouble. Horatio Bouchard, my mysterious new boss at the vampire themed store Relic, talks in circles and always shows up at odd times, but when I’m forced to find out the truth about what he is, what the city is full of, and that I’m on someone’s list, well, it’s a lot to swallow.


I ran to get away from a violent past, but my new life is looking pretty dangerous too. If I can put my trust in the charming, dangerous man and his strange crew of friends, he promises me I’ll be safe.


At this point, I don’t really have a choice but to go all in, embrace all the city has to offer me, and discover hidden strength I never expected, all why trying to manage my overwhelming attraction to my protector.


A vampire trying to save his city, a clueless mortal who steps right into the middle of chaos, a mysterious and deadly vampire illness spreading through New Orleans, come together in this standalone MM paranormal romance.


About Mia Monroe

Mia has long been an avid romance reader and writer. As someone who identifies as part of the LGBTQ community, Mia feels a special connection to these sometimes complicated stories. Once she read her first MM romance, she was hooked, and now wants to bring those stories to you. She’s a hopeless romantic so she guarantees a happy ever after in all her stories, but she does not guarantee they will be without complications.

 

Mia describes her writing style as angsty, emotional, and kinky and just lets her imagination take her where it wants to go. No filters, no restraint, no apologies. She hopes you enjoy the ride and come back for more.

 

People will tell you Mia is funny in the most sarcastic of ways, fluent in inappropriate memes, loosely moral’d, a lover of words, and fueled by coffee and tacos- but not at the same time. She has some standards.

 

Love freely.


Where to find them:


Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Amazon | Instagram | BookBub | Facebook Group | Newsletter | TikTok | Patreon







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW: Breakthrough by Ana Ashley (Dads of Stillwater #2)

REVIEW: 7 Minutes in Kevin by DJ Jamison (Games We Play #3)

AUDIO REVIEW: Playing Dirty by Beth Bolden (Miami Piranhas #0.5)